We Want to Hear from You!
Monday October 28th, 2013
Trout Lake Community Center
3360 Victoria Drive, Vancouver
Find out more information, give feedback, and find out how to get involved.
- ASL interpretation will be provided at the event.
- Virtual attendance options are available via Livestream and Facebook.
- The venue is accessible for wheelchairs, scooters, and mobility devices.
- There are accessible and universal washrooms.
- Light snacks will be provided.
- Child Minding will be available on site.
The Trans* and Gender Variant Community Meeting will be hosted virtually for those who are out of town or prefer to participate from the comfort of their home.
The working group will be streaming live from a laptop with a microphone at Trout Lake Community Centre. In order to participate, you will need the following:
- Internet connection (the faster, the better);
- If you wish to post questions and/or comments directly to the moderator, you will need to create an account on https://new.livestream.com/home before the meeting. This is free.
- If you simply want to watch the live video of the Community Meeting without asking questions, you do not need to sign up for an account.
- Alternatively, you can post question(s) and/or comments to the working group’s Facebook event page, which the moderator will be checking throughout the Community Meeting.
- You can watch the live stream video on your desktop and laptop using your normal internet browser.
- Smart phone access to the livestream is restricted as an app is only available for iPhone. For viewing on your iPhone, there is an app you need to download.
On Monday, October 28 at 7:00PM (PST), follow these simple steps to participate in the Community Meeting virtually:
- Click on this link: https://new.livestream.com/transgendervariant/CommunityMeeting.
- You can listen to the first part of the Community Meeting, including look at the presentation on screen. The second half of the Community Meeting will be with one of the breakout group sessions for more in-depth conversation and brainstorming on three main topics.
- The moderator will be checking for questions from virtual attendees on Livestream and Facebook event pages.
- The video of the Community Meeting will also be available afterwards.
- You can post follow-up comments, suggestions, and ideas after the Community Meeting.