We are very excited to announce we have a completed our draft recommendations document.
Please give us your feedback through our online survey -> Click here
We would also like to invite you to our Community Meeting and Draft Review
Date: April 1st 2014, 7-9pm
Place: Coal Harbour Community Centre – 480 Broughton St.
Join our event on Facebook for more details!
And consider showing your support at the April 28 Park Board meeting.
Better yet, register to speak!
For more information email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for helping us reach nearly 150 community members in the Trans* and Gender Variant Recreational Survey! Take a look at the chart below to see what people are currently listing as the biggest challenges to accessing Vancouver Park Board spaces.
We need more input from communities of colour, folks over 40, and people outside the Eastside. If you are from these communities or know people who are – please take or forward the survey today: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/transgendervariant!
It is important that we gain the insights of people who represent the diversity of the trans and gender variant community and identify any additional barriers you may face to accessing safe, inclusive, and welcoming spaces and services.
Also, a reminder that the survey closes on December 31. Check back here for more info on events and community feedback in the weeks ahead.
For the livestream video feed of the Community Meeting that took place on October 27th, please visit: https://new.livestream.com/transgendervariant/CommunityMeeting
The Trans* and Gender Variant Inclusion Working Group seeks your input on your experiences, needs, interests, and ideas for ensuring inclusivity in Vancouver’s recreational facilities and programming. Participation in this survey is voluntary.
We appreciate your input and feedback. Your identity will remain anonymous, unless you provide your name and contact information at the end of the survey for participation in follow-up interviews and/or focus groups.
Your responses will help inform the recommendations that will be put forward by the working group to Vancouver Park Board in April 2014. Please email us with any questions and/or concerns at email@example.com
The Vancouver Park Board’s Trans and Gender-Variant Inclusion Working Group will provide important recommendations on parks and recreation facilities, programming, training, and policy in order to create safe, inclusive, and welcoming spaces for transgender and gender variant users.
The Working Group will report their findings and final recommendations to the Park Board in April 2014.
The recommendations will be based on the following five pillars:
- Signage & literature
- Public spaces (including washrooms and change-rooms)
- HR training & policies
- Collaborative public & community partnerships
For more details on the timeline, work plan and strategies of the working group, please check out our working brief.
We Want to Hear from You!
Monday October 28th, 2013
Trout Lake Community Center
3360 Victoria Drive, Vancouver
Find out more information, give feedback, and find out how to get involved.
- ASL interpretation will be provided at the event.
- Virtual attendance options are available via Livestream and Facebook.
- The venue is accessible for wheelchairs, scooters, and mobility devices.
- There are accessible and universal washrooms.
- Light snacks will be provided.
- Child Minding will be available on site.
The Trans* and Gender Variant Community Meeting will be hosted virtually for those who are out of town or prefer to participate from the comfort of their home.
The working group will be streaming live from a laptop with a microphone at Trout Lake Community Centre. In order to participate, you will need the following:
- Internet connection (the faster, the better);
- If you wish to post questions and/or comments directly to the moderator, you will need to create an account on https://new.livestream.com/home before the meeting. This is free.
- If you simply want to watch the live video of the Community Meeting without asking questions, you do not need to sign up for an account.
- Alternatively, you can post question(s) and/or comments to the working group’s Facebook event page, which the moderator will be checking throughout the Community Meeting.
- You can watch the live stream video on your desktop and laptop using your normal internet browser.
- Smart phone access to the livestream is restricted as an app is only available for iPhone. For viewing on your iPhone, there is an app you need to download.
On Monday, October 28 at 7:00PM (PST), follow these simple steps to participate in the Community Meeting virtually:
- Click on this link: https://new.livestream.com/transgendervariant/CommunityMeeting.
- You can listen to the first part of the Community Meeting, including look at the presentation on screen. The second half of the Community Meeting will be with one of the breakout group sessions for more in-depth conversation and brainstorming on three main topics.
- The moderator will be checking for questions from virtual attendees on Livestream and Facebook event pages.
- The video of the Community Meeting will also be available afterwards.
- You can post follow-up comments, suggestions, and ideas after the Community Meeting.